Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Amongst the beauty there is always dirt and rocks.

I was just about to call it a day when a chickadee landed in the sumac right behind my head.
It didn't make a sound but I felt its' presence.
I just love that they are back
and I think they know that.

The tin can on the garden table is now holding a bouquet of wild flowers mixed with a few perennials.


The daisies had bit the dust and now live in the compost.
But,
by this photo,
you may think I ate them.
Big sis and me

There are so many beautiful wildflowers here.
And when you look up from the table you see this canopy of sumac leaves.

It feels like you are in a secret garden.
Just you...and a hundred critters.
And as I've said before...I'm never alone in my garden.


Blue-jay
I've also been watching the retired guy and friend move the piles of dirt from where the house will be built to the back of the property.
That has been a big job.
A big, DIRTY job.




The rocks; the boulders
:(
4 days of hard work from morning 'til night.
And now all the dirt is at the back and out of the way of construction.
We have plans for this mound of dirt; for later. 
Much later.

So, it's done and now we can get on to the next step.
And, as always...

=^..^=
Someone is NOT happy with the noise.

"I curse all of humanity."
                                                         "Oh goodness, Audrey."

"Happy 4th of July to all my American friends."

hugs, Deb

10 comments:

  1. Audrey's thoughts are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey makes me smile so much. You live in such a pretty place I know you love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...the photo of that squirrel is wonderful! It just stole the show! Sorry Audrey! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your secret garden, and I think all those little critters love you. How nice to have your sister visit. Audrey makes me laugh. I just can't help it. That Audrey is a character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, congratulations on that new little cutie, and what a cute name too!
    Your acreage is becoming so beautiful--all of your hard work is really paying off, wouldn't you say?!
    Remembering the photos you've shared of your mom, I think your sis looks a lot like her. Very pretty. With love from Nebraska ><>

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your sister look so alike.

    Good luck with the construction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of progress at the mouse house and everything is looking lovely - including the two beautiful sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your Chic-a-dee-dee-dees!!
    I noticed the same thing at the cottage...
    I think Red has moved to your place! hahaha! Good!!
    You are very lucky to have a nice sister...
    Enjoy your week Deb...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. much progress being made! Love visiting with you in your pretty garden! And eating daisies for lunch---ha ha LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think chickadees are one of my favorite birds! I was happy to see one come to my feeders today. I've been gone for a month and the feeder had been empty. It was very happy! Life looks very busy at your house! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete