Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Filling feeders & through the kitchen window.

My poor birds missed me being out at the property for a few days so I filled the feeders again today.
  It didn't take long for the Chickadees to show up and...



this little guy.
"Awwwwwwwwwww"
This is a very young squirrel who now will most likely become a regular around here.
He was nice and pudgy and looked like a 'junior'.
He hung around all afternoon. I think he's got my number. :)

I'm standing in my kitchen corner. 
It's big enough for a few cupboards, shelves, one sink, a small fridge and stove.
Here's what you see from the window.
The first load of gravel arrived as I took this photo. Then he got to work spreading the gravel on what will become a drive-way in the Spring. Just look at the mud out here. Before we started this little project it was all grass. We'll be a long time landscaping.

That beautiful 'potty' is in every photo. *grin*

Audrey is resting at the moment. I told her today that we are moving into a mouse-house. She almost fainted. Once she pulls herself together I'll explain to her that it is not actually full of mice.
At least....I hope not.
                                           "Grab me a cold cloth will you, deary."

Stay toasty,
Deb

16 comments:

  1. Audrey is a very pretty girl! Where is your 'mouse house'? Looks pretty secluded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue - it is in the country but we have neighbours on both sides. There is a development across and down the road a bit. We can't see it from our lot, though.

      Delete
  2. It's going to be a lovely little apartment. And how long do you plan on being here? you're building a house there, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary - We are hoping to start building by next summer. Maybe Spring. One winter in there will be enough, believe me.

      Delete
  3. For one horrible moment I thought the potty was permanent!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Jane. Just the old wooden out-house will be staying. :))

      Delete
  4. I hope Audrey has recovered.....GAWD she makes me smile♥️
    Getting close my dear......so close!
    How about some blue kitchen cabinets......just sayin'!
    Have a great weekend.....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Audrey, you're just too precious!

    That devious little rascal is going to get used to raiding bird feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving how this is coming together! Wonderful!

    Hang on Audrey! It's gong to be great!

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty place to build. I love the little squirrel That Audrey is something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so much excitement for you guys , lovely looking property and from what I van tell you both will enjoy it with all the nature around you cause it looks like you have your own little forest area great for birdies and critters that's what I love about here in the valley we are so close to forest and a river the wild life is awesome and I enjoy them every day ! I am soo happy for you both . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming right along. Hang in there ... you, too, Audrey! Purrs .....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must say I think Audrey would make quick work of any mice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'd be a crazypants if I had to go through all the construction and moving, so my hat is off to you! Audrey is gonna enjoy her new temporary digs, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Audrey is so precious! Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. You have a lovely piece of property. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, those pesky squirrels show up every time, don't they?

    ReplyDelete