Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Things keep moving along.

Audrey has reluctantly been planning her move all day today. We have gone through her toy basket and picked out the 'favorite' ones and the rest will be donated to our local shelter. I have been getting rid of more 'things' I don't want or need. Much of our belongings will stay in the old house with my daughter and be moved when the main house is built; mostly larger furniture and such. But for now, I just want to lighten the load, so to speak.

"Audrey...you know that you can't bring all your blankies with you, right? I'm afraid you will have to leave a few in storage for awhile."

"How did I get dragged into this."


And here are the latest photos of the construction. We've had great weather and we have great workers so things are moving along nicely.
You can see where the stair-way will be to the apartment above.

The little door on the right leads you to the stairs.
Look at the mud here. I keep wearing a pair of shoes out here that have been destined for the garbage for weeks now. The mud section will eventually turn into our driveway.
The dormer window will be above the kitchen sink.

Tomorrow the roof will be finished (shingled) and stairs put in.

Meanwhile, I'll be cat-sitting two of my favorite kitties this weekend. Photos coming; more tears, too, no doubt.

There is not much time to get ready for Halloween. My grandittles will be by on Friday night; even little Gwynn. I'd better get some 'special treats' ready. And they'd better bundle up as it's going to be chilly.
Hot Chocolate, popcorn and Hocus Pocus  night.

BTW - It's National Cat Day today. So, you know what to do.


Stay toasty,  Deb

17 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see your new "home for the winter" coming to pass! I am loving this for you!
    And I can't wait to see what Audrey has to say when she actually is there! Aren't Joe and Rae-Rae going to be shocked to have your current home all to themselves! I look forward to hearing if they have words about that!
    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like things are moving along nicely and your little helper is adorable. I am sure you will have nice treats for the little ones on Halloween.
    Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often thought that this type of building would have been a good interim home during our building years--however, I always seemed to live in a house that was literally being built over our heads. The cats did NOT enjoy the process, creeping out at night after the noise and presence of workmen stopped for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Audrey...it;s going to be alright...honest.
    The REAL Maple Syrup Mob xxxxx
    Pee Ess...if you are not allowed ALL of your blankets then we'll send a mercy parcel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things are really progressing! It is looking good. Audrey looks ready to stay but then if she goes she leaves behind the two 'interlopers'!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angel and Chuck have been freaked out for the last few days, as they tear down a house two doors away, so I can only imagine how they'd react to a building site! Audrey looks adorable in that blankie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Cat Day to your kitties. Love Joe...what a handsome guy!

    Your construction is just humming right along! Yay! Looks great! I'm still sorting and purging from our reno....such a good time to do it. I keep taking boxes and boxes to the thrift store! Feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Audrey adorable. So is your little helper. I love that last picture of you. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb...I love your sense of humour....and....
    That carriage house looks amazing!
    How are the birds doing out there?
    I'll bet you are bustin' to move in!
    Before Christmas?
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the smell of new construction! Looks great. So glad you told me it was national cat day. Wonder if it's the same here in the states? Maybe that's what tuppence has been trying to tell me all day. She's been especially clingy. Love your sweet helper!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The construction is going so quickly!
    Ear scritches to Audrey =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every thing is looking really good.
    And, coming along nicely! :).

    And, Audrey...Don't worry to much
    about your toys, Mum will get you
    new ones, once you've settled. l.m
    sure...! Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am enjoying living vicariously through you, watching your home being built. How are you doing with downsizing? Our cats have only had to live through renovations. Enjoy your Hallowe'en!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, the construction is really moving along! You'll be moving in in no time.
    My kitties think it's National Cat Day every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I'm so glad things are proceeding quickly -- I know you are on a bit of a timetable. I'll tell Lizzie about Cat Day. Brace myself for her being even more of a princess than she already thinks she is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, they're making great progress! You will all have some fun living in your tiny house for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete