Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Hectic...but good.

Under this mass of twisted vines is my grandmother's old chicken coop.
So many memories are attached to this building.
It didn't look like this when it housed chickens 50 years ago.
I don't even remember a vine on it.
Doesn't this look like it's right out of an old fairy-tale?
I'm sure it is home now to many mice, moles and whatever else might tickle the fancy of, let's say, a passing feline.
Like these two.
It's fun to see what wild flowers are showing their faces this time of year.

I spotted only one Hollyhock. My grandmother grew many of them around her home and along the fences.
One beautiful Hollyhock...it's like she is saying "Hello and welcome."

I have a very busy week and weekend coming up with cat-sitting. This is the time of year when everyone is fitting in the last of the summer holidays.
It is beautiful weather today; sunny with just a slight breeze. The air feels different already...you know there is a change coming and it's not far off. I'm not ready for Fall but I do love it.

We have lots of changes coming just around the corner for our family, too. I'll fill you in on more later but for now life is busy, hectic really, but it's all good. No point in hiding our heads...


hugs, Deb

9 comments:

  1. Great pic of your grandmother's chicken coop. We are seeing wildflowers in the woods/weeds behind our home. What a blessing to see the hollyhock bloom. I hope you can save some seeds from the plant! And of course, I love all the cat photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mildred - yes, I will try to get seeds from the last of the Holly-hocks. It will be good to keep this line going. Wonderful, really.

      Delete
  2. I love hollyhocks and lupins...any lupins?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lupins, Jane. I'd love to have them there.

      Delete
  3. Those vines have overwhelmed the whole thing.

    The roving cats seem quite comfortable passing by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I know I am not ready for the cold, but I do love the autumn. October is my fave of all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 10 year old tabby, Freddie, is becoming more aloof by the day. I thought cats were supposed to become friendlier with age! He's very much like your Sierra, but I guess all tabbies are quite similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the countryside. It's nice that you have some of it that's your very own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a tease! "I'll fill you in on more later..." Hmm. Wish I had a chicken coop like that; I'd convert it into a big feral cat shelter. Pretty flower pics.

    ReplyDelete