Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Driving the country roads

Driving the back roads of Lanark with the sun shining on a cold, frigid day is a real bonus to cat-sitting. I love to care for country cats on these beautiful days. Now, 'country cats' is a loose term since all of my clients cats are in-door and very pampered. But on the way to their homes I do get to see lots of farms and the odd farm animal along the fences. I spotted this ginger barn-cat enjoying a snooze in the morning sun.
I spotted him from the road.
See the window on the left (below) ...I know, one never gets past me.
I brake for cats!

I had seven cats to care for today.

Here is one of my gorgeous kitty clients
This is Doc washing up after his breakfast.
He found a sun-puddle to spend the morning in.
Did you know that Doc has chocolate coloured eyes?
Uh huh!

Then it was off to visit with this handsome devil.
and his shy side-kick.

Love these sunny, February days.

hugs, Deb





9 comments:

  1. Love the photos. Seems we all are seeking sunshine!
    Hope you'll visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an eye for cats in the window for sure!! Doc reminds me a bit of Mr Toes who is long haired also! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most perfect of jobs, and the most perfect eye-sight :)
    Gorgeous cats.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always....excellent photos!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! Man.....,I'm old!
    Enjoy your evening....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos ! Yes sun puddles are the best for snoozing kitties and dogs ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful! I love taking drives through the countryside, but I always seem to see a kitty that has been run over in the road. Breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would fall in love with each cat! They are SO beautiful! Looks like beautiful country up there! I would never tire of just taking days and riding in the car exploring! I worry about barn cats...I hope they stay safe and have a warm place to curl up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in Love with Doc. He's breathtaking! Those chocolate eyes and sparkling black fur!!! I'd always hoped we'd him again. A truly dazzling photo this gorgeous boy, Deb!

    ReplyDelete