Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

cats and cookies

It was a beautiful day today; the kind that draws you out and you could walk for hours. Well, how about one  hour and then back home for a cup of tea and some cookies. Ha!....
I was gifted today with a bag of home-made molasses and ginger cookies from my walking buddy, Sue from http://readymadecosmos.blogspot.ca/ Zaza's World.
May I just say they were amazing
Are they not a thing of beauty?
I know you want one, right? I'll get her to post her recipe.

I made myself share with the retired-guy and he just nodded his head in approval as he chomped away. We enjoyed them with Manderin Orange Tea in my brand new tea-cups. I bought these because they are big, shaped just fine and have a perfect handle.
 How could I walk away?
Apparently it is ok to eat cookies after a 5km walk; just not while you are walking. ;-)
I spotted these two little cuties on my walk yesterday. Oh, I just wanted to reach in and cuddle them. So darn cute.
I'm wondering how little Molly is doing and must contact the rescue this weekend. I'll certainly keep you posted. Thanks again for all the nice messages and good wishes for her.

hugs, Deb

9 comments:

  1. Tea and cookies... a fine reward for that walk. ;) blessings ~ tanna
    ps glad Molly found a home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...those cookies do look good. Kind of like ginger snaps. Yum!
    Yup, a cookie after a big walk is mandatory I believe. ;)
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you would follow up on Molly and let us know how she's faring. She's such a lovely little girl.
    There are lots of lovely tea cups but finding the perfect handle.....that's the thing! Yours look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out Deb. I will post that recipe today. I think Iain is enjoying them too. The cooky jar seems to be getting low :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What better goes with a nice cup of tea! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginger and molasses cookies sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a day to die for! I love ginger cookies -- I think they may be my favorites! And with tea and cats -- who could argue with that?!

    ReplyDelete