Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Thankful

 I have noticed that both myself and the retired-guy have been walking around with a smile pasted across our face. We both feel calm, relieved and happy and it's all because little Gwyneth is here. We are so happy that the delivery is over, the parents seem to be pros at this baby stuff already and it happens to be the most fabulous weather outside right now for all to enjoy.

I have not been cat-sitting very much the last two weeks and that has been good, too. I needed to get at my home and take care of other priorities in my life. I have been helping out with our new grand-daughter anytime I can. I also am spending more time watching over our dog, Kane. He is suffering with allergies right now (environmental.. ragweed mostly) and he needs to be pampered a bit. He is on medication for the itch and it makes him dopey but that's ok, too. I love him even if he is a dope.

Taking time to go through my Fall clothes and pack away a few summer things makes me feel more organized. I need to clean out a few cupboards again, too.

I've been drinking lots of tea; mostly chamomile or mandarin orange. Organic, of course. And using my new favorite and cheerful tea-cup. Fueling up for nana-duty.
The cats are just being cats these days. They are glad to see me home more.
Dear 'ol Ed
waking from a nap.

The sun is so beautiful these days. It seems a darker yellow, more gold now.
 It streams through the leaves on the maples and at times it looks almost like a painting. I will have to try to capture that. It makes you stop and take notice throughout the day and be thankful for all that you have.

I got in hundreds of Gwynnie hugs today. She is five days old.

hugs, Deb

7 comments:

  1. Love that pic of you and Cwynnie. And Mr. Ed looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't babies wonderful? Little Miracles in your life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been having some wonderful weather here too Deb, but I know by the time I go back to work in a couple weeks, I will no longer need my capri's or light shirts. It's always a good feeling to organize one's closets.
    Enjoy that those grandbabies, your kitties and your tea!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being grandparents will tend to leave you with lots of smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the summer is winding down, though here in southern Alberta, it's going out very warm. But a couple of weeks ago, I would ride to work on my bicycle and see the rising sun slanting through the trees and over the grass of the neighbouring golf course - quite attractive. Now, the sun hasn't risen by the time I go past the same area - and I'm not getting up earlier.

    I'm glad you offered the advice on cats and babies. My roly poly Tucker was given back to the rescue-group because a new baby was causing him stress. He was wetting outside the litter-box. He does that when he is stressed. But their loss is my gain. Babies and cats: with some thought and work, what's the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful baby. So happy she is here.
    I always enjoy your kitty photos, too. The tea cup is certainly cheerful. Keep up your energy to steal those sweet baby hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you write like poet expressing your purest feelings...most of the time we live in a hurry and don´t even notice how lucky we are to be alive, to have someone to love,to appreciate simple things but not less important... I can feel now that beautiful Canadian sun in my face and enjoy the beauty of the maples that will soon turn reddish!
    I love Ed´s sweet sleepy face and Gwynie peacefully enjoying those Nana´s hugs

    ReplyDelete