Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

What's in the cookie jar?

One of my all time favorite cookies and so easy to make.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies



                                    Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
If you're like me, you always have chocolate chips and walnuts handy and can whip these up in 15 minutes. They bake in 10 minutes. So easy Audrey could make them if I allowed her near the stove.


                              "How can I possibly bake with a broken foot?"

Here goes...


1/2 cup soft butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. of vanilla
1 cup of flour
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of  baking soda
2 tbsp. of cornstarch
1/2 cup of chocolate chips 
1/2 cup of walnuts

That's it. Mix all the above in a bowl. Drop by tea-spoon on greased cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 10 min.

I love that I have this photo of Natalie, Ronna and me having tea and getting to know each other. We were meeting for the first time although they have been friends for years.
I think it's time these ladies took another road trip to drop in again and try some of these cookies with some hot tea. I'd also have to have a lemon loaf since it was a big hit last time.

Drop over to visit these two ladies.
http://ronnas.blogspot.ca/ & http://knatolee.blogspot.ca/
These are two very interesting and fun ladies. Go on over and visit. You'll be glad you did.

In honour of World Cat Day, I rushed through dinner tonight so I could take a few photos of kittens in our town that need a loving home.
They are being fostered just blocks from me by a very kind lady. These little cuties are around 5 weeks.
This is one of them. Just a tease for now. I'll have more photos later with details.

Oh.my.goodness!
I almost put this one in my pocket.
hugs, Deb


9 comments:

  1. My cookie jar is empty. Your cookie jar is full with these delicious sounding treats. What fun to have tea with friends and bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies, tea, friends and kittens??? Now what better start to a Friday can a girl have!!!
    Happy weekend Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the cookie recipe (I just have to try it!), the lovely photo of you with your friends (I'll certainly drop in on them), AND the photos of those adorable kittens.......so hope they find their forever home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing those kittens aren't a block away from me or we'd be adding a new family member! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your antique white distressed cupboard! And the cookies look good too!

    And of course there's nothing cuter than a kitten...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum... and such a cutie!

    Audrey is as incorrigible as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plan on trying your recipe later today...I love walnuts in my cookies. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mm delicious cookies for tea with friends..surely the lemmon loaf recipe would be great!
    Audrey you are such an artist!
    That little cutie es una muñequita! She resembles Reina a beautiful cat we loved and looked after for six wonderful years!

    ReplyDelete