Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Is it Friday yet?

Lets have tea. 

It's been a long week and I'm tired but it's a good tired. I've been cat-sitting a little and playing Nurse Ratchett a lot. I know everything there is to know now about recuperating from a hip replacement  if I ever need one. It's not a lot of fun but each day I was amazed at my sister's progress. The fracture is throwing a wrench into the exercise routine for the hip but whatever....she's doing well.

My sister hates tea. *raised eye-brows*
How on earth did this happen? I drank other beverages throughout the day and saved my beloved cup of tea for at night at home.  It never tasted so good. Diane and I have been filling up on fresh fruit and great coffee.
 Peaches are in season and are amazing and the cherries are incredibly sweet.
While my sister sleeps I have been reading The Veganist.
 The author talks about the five reasons she became a vegan years ago. It is well written and very informative.  You won't find many recipes but good advice on what foods to try and why you need them in your diet if you have chosen to eliminate animal protein.

I'm not a vegan but I am a vegetarian. Since I changed my diet and stopped consuming meat I feel healthier and happier. I do it for two reasons; I want to strive for optimum health and I want to accomplish that without any animal having to lose its' life so I can eat. It's a very personal decision and that's that.

My busy weekend of cat-sitting begins. The August long-weekend was always the busiest time for me but I have found lately that every weekend I am booked up. It's wonderful and I am so happy to know that more and more people care enough about their cats to take that extra step to find proper care for them while they vacation.

Make the best of your long-weekend.

hugs, Deb

7 comments:

  1. Well, this vegan can't stand tea either...I'm with your sister!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I couldn't give up meat any more than I could give up tea. Fresh fruit sounds good, though, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Nurse Ratchett, I think Diane is in good care! Sending you great wishes for a lovely kitty-week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs to all. (Doesn't like tea????!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to your sister--I had enough trials with my busted kneecap that I can imagine what she's going through. yikes.

    I rarely eat meat anymore, and amazingly enough I'm losing my taste for bacon! I thought I'd love that forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll be busy throughout. It's good that you're keeping your sister occupied through this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also feel better since I changed my diet to vegetables :D

    ReplyDelete