Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

4 houses, 7 cats and turning 3

Well, that was one busy weekend.
I had four houses of 'home alone' kitties to care for, our grand-kitties, Ruby and Hugo came for the weekend and we attended a birthday bash for my grandittle, Riley who turned three. The weather was good but threatened rain. While we partied at my son's, the cats at our house spit and spat, hissed and snarled and eventually ignored or played hard with each other. Crazy house, it was. Audrey was in heaven. She loves when her sister, Ruby comes to stay awhile. They both act like caged cats finally freed to tear up and down stairs and over the tops of furniture. They had a great time. I'll be picking up for a week.

If you are new to this blog, I fostered a mom and three kittens a year and a half ago from our local animal shelter and my daughter adopted one of the kittens. The male kitten was adopted also and we kept the mom, Annie and the adorable Audrey. Audrey and Ruby do have sleep-overs once in awhile and they get along great.

Here's Ruby when she was a kitten...
My daughter couldn't resist. Now she is all grown up and looks just like her mom.
Funniest thing...Audrey was a bit jealous of her this weekend. She kept coming over to me to check and be sure that she was still #1 kitty. She was even a bit clingy at times.

                                                       "I'm still your favorite monkey, right?"
 Ha...the true colours show.
Before bed, Audrey and I got the dishes ready for morning.

Hugo enjoying the window seat. He has eyes the size of dinner plates. Always looks freaked.right.out.


Audrey wanting her window back.
A Birthday Bash
Riley turned 3

Party animals except for the retired-guy. He's dreaming of far off planets, I believe.

Cooper joined the party.


and finally a chat with the birthday girl before leaving.
She wanted to make sure we had plans for breakfast-out again soon.
"Happy Birthday, Grandittle"
hugs, Deb

11 comments:

  1. Riley gets more adorable with each day. Happy Birthday to Riley! I bet it is fun to have all the grand kitties around. I fell in love with Ruby, too. If I hadn't been half a continent away, I would have been at your door--kitty carrier in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet birthday bash! I can't believe Riley is 3 already; such a beautiful little girl. I'm sure Audrey was happy to see everyone go and she was the chosen one to stay, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous party! It's amazing that Riley is three! How time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your beautiful granddaughter Deb! Looks like a lovely party!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riley is a very sweet 3 year old, beginning to look so grown up!! How delightful to have a family birthday celebration!!
    I love all the cat photos today, and thinking about Audrey feeling insecure, lol! Baby Ruby! cute photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, happy birthday, Riley! She is such a doll :)

    All the kitty photos are so cute, especially baby Ruby. Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Riley is one of the most gorgeous Grand Littles I've seen in blogland! Happy 3rd Birthday sweet girl! Oh I love that Audrey got a little jealous....she is audacious for sure!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three is a big birthday! Looks like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My, my....cute kitties.....that Audrey is a pill....
    and lovely granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The whole post was wonderful! Where could I even begin to say "Awesome!"!
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Riley, preciosa happy 3 years old birthday! You are a sweety♥ hope you spent a wonderful day with your lovely family and friends!
    Ruby muñequita linda I can´t believe that sweet beautiful little face as a kitty and it's true who can resist to bring you home!
    How nice Audrey and her get along well and have fun when they are together!It seems that they had their own party too!

    ReplyDelete