Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Friendly Tea-cup

It's so nice to have flowers left over from a holiday to enjoy for a few more days.
Next to daisies, I love tulips. White tulips, mostly. And don't they look pretty with this tea-cup?


 This is another one from my mom's collection that I will always treasure. It is Royal Albert, made in England and it is called Friendship.
"Oh, hello Audrey. Are you here to eat the tulips?"
Supervision is necessary here as these are toxic to cats. Once this post is done...back they go to the top of the china cabinet. 
This little tea-pot is really just for one. You can get two cups of tea but who ever just wants one cup?
I found the little pot in an antique shop in Almonte for $3.00.



I bought myself an Easter present for getting through the busiest weekend in a long time.
 You have to do that sometimes, ya know. Just pamper yourself.  I know, it's not everybody's cup of tea but I'll enjoy it.
And I'm sure I will have company while I read.
Which I love very much.
hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. Deb that is such a pretty teacup. I know you treasure the one's from you Mom's collection so much. I too have 'company' when I'm reading and drinking tea! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey is saying to the wooden cat
    "Sierra, you look funny..wake up!!"
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you certainly are a cat person! I hope you have fun reading your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mama was Canadian. Oh how she loved Canada. She loved her tea too.
    Your teacup is so pretty. I love those tulips too.

    I don't drink tea myself but am a dietrite drinker. I love it when the cats listen to the fizzle of the carbonation. Once in awhile one will stick their little paw into my glass.

    Hugs
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tulips, beautiful teacup, beautiful cat.

    (My daughter just got married and carried a bouquet of white tulips. It was one of the most beautiful details of the wedding: perfectly simple, perfectly beautiful. She wore my 30 year old wedding dress too!)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tea cups..and I have a similar wooden cat as well..i got it while living in italy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb,
    Your photos are lovely . There is nothing prettier than tea cups and tulips. Little Audrey is growing up and looking so pretty.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tea cup. We want to know your favorite flavor of tea.

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHY must cats dismatle bouquets, nibble the flowers and then barf them back up? I love flowers--have to put them in impossible places--as I also love my cats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb, Your tulips are really pretty as is your precious tea cup! Whenever I have flowers or plants inside, Gracie seems to think she needs to investigate. Just last week she upset a vase of lilacs. Consequently, I keep most plants outside!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charming post! What could be better...kitty characters and lovely teacups!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb! We are at the same tea party. Your tea cup is very sweet! I love tulips also. Denise from englishpurpleribbon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete