Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Using space wisely

I've been changing things up a bit in the house. Moving furniture around can be good for the soul.  You have heard of Feng Shui, right? It is a complex body of knowledge that reveals how to balance the energies of any given space to assure the health and good fortune for people inhabiting it. Feng Shui
A lot of it makes sense to me. I moved our bed so there was easy access to the window and made sure there was equal space on both sides. There has never been a TV or computer in the main bedroom. I can't sleep with any noise around so that was always a give-in. Dimmer switches are in both bedrooms to make for soft lighting. One thing that is listed to make your bedroom more balanced of positive energy is to sleep with the door closed. Well, around here the cats would drive me nuts all night with scratching and howling at the closed door so the door is always open. Personally, a bedroom is not complete without a cat or two.


We have plans to sell this old house soon and want to show each room in the best possible way. The last few months have been spent purging anything that is not useful or loved by one of us. The basement is a work in progress. 22 years of raising kids makes for a lot of STUFF stored. If the kids don't want it, out it goes. It really does feel good to lighten the load of material possessions. I recommend it highly.

I always have company with my morning coffee.
This is where you end up when a kitten keeps chasing your tail.

Cat-tip-of-the-day=^..^=cheap toy
Take a toilet paper roll, some tissue paper or newspaper and some kitty treats.

Stuff one end of the roll with paper and then drop the treats inside. Stuff the opposite end with paper and throw this on the floor for kitty. Your cat can smell the treats inside. This is a great way to exercise your cat while she rips apart the roll to get to the treats. It works great around my house. Audrey goes ballistic with her roll and then enjoys all her efforts.
She's really enjoying all the boxes that we are going through these days.
Another in-expensive way to keep her busy. ;-)
 hugs, Deb

5 comments:

  1. Oh the energy those babies have! I remember! I agree using space wisely is so important. I've just started some editing of my stuff and it does feel really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought, hey, what a great idea for a cat toy.. then I thought, if I give that to Jack he'd just eat the whole thing. He's got a history of eating through plastic bags to get to dry cat food.

    Maybe I'll save that idea for the next time I foster an adult..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I can't wait to try this with Gabby and Gizzy. They will go nuts.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for the cat toy...Angel-Kitty doesn't like cat treats but maybe she will when given to her like that.
    :) good luck with the moving of furniture and cleaning out. I agree; there is nothing better than cleaning and pitching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't purging stuff great? I have been working on that recently and came up with a pile of decent things for the auction our local animal shelter is having on the 12th. Your house is so lovely, you'll have no trouble selling it.

    My dog Sophie is obsessed with toilet paper and paper towel rolls. She likes to eat them! :) I have a treat dispensing ball for the kitties that works much the same way and is more dog-proof for those canines who like to eat cardboard. But your idea is great.

    ReplyDelete