Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy October to you.

Enjoy Life...sip by sip.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. My mom died of cancer August 31, 1997. You may remember that day well as Lady Diana Spencer also died that day in a horrific car crash. Those 24 hours were a day of hell for my family.

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer 15 years earlier. She had a mastectomy and then her health was good for 12 years. It was then discovered that she had ovarian cancer. She passed away after a courageous fight for almost 3 years. There is not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Sometimes while driving,  a song will come on the radio that will bring it all back and I will start to cry. Still, to this day,
I miss her a lot. It will always hurt, I guess.

I have my annual examination and a mammogram regularly. I hope that it is the right thing to do. I try daily to fill the space around me with things I love. I don't take my days for granted.

Let's look at kittens and have some coffee, shall we...
"Good Mornin' everyone"


While Annie was having her breakfast, these three decided to rough-house.


Bree figures she won this round.




So that is a typical morning for this family. Now that they are taken care of, I can enjoy my breakfast. Coffee has never tasted so good.

hugs, Deb
(ps...daughter is having a BLAST.
mom...not so much)

8 comments:

  1. Aunty Deb,
    ((((((HUGS))))))
    The kittens are pawesome! purr..meow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tribute to your mom, and good advice about treasuring each and every day - even if it's raining, like it is here today.

    Those kittens are growing fast and are very cute. The last three cats we adopted are all seniors, we figured out one is 16yrs now, the others are probably close to that.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your Mom, Deb. That day was the day my Mum went into hospital for the last time. She died on Sep. 8 of lung cancer. A bad year for you and me both.

    The kitties are getting SO big, but they remain utterly adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Deb I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom to cancer. It is such a terrible disease. I had an Aunt with breast cancer and lost a good friend to it also. I too am aware each day of how good life is and not to take it for granted. Oh and those kittens make my day! Go Bree! hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every day is precious. A day without feeling grateful, is a day kind of lost.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. New look on your blog, I like it!

    So sorry about your mom. My mom died in 1975, and I still miss her....I don't think the miss will ever go away.
    You're so right about not taking anything for granted..... enjoy each day.

    Those are the cutest kittens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so deeply sorry about your mom. Your story sounds almost like a carbon copy of my mother-in-law. She had breast cancer, a mastectomy, was in good health also for about 12 years, then was diagnosed with a brain tumor and passed approx 2 yrs later. Completely heartbreaking. I am so sorry.

    On a brighter note, those kitties look like little felt statues! lol

    Also I am thrilled your daughter arrived safely and that she is having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are looking at Äiti who can really relate to your story and we are snuggling her, like we would snuggle you. She lost her mum over 20 years ago to breast cancer. And not a day goes by without her thinking of her mother and missing her. But she is also immensely proud of her mother and her 11 year fight against the evil cancer. Äiti says it hurts but the hurt reminds her of the love too.
    ANd then she looks at us and feels hope and happy, just like those little kitty pics made her smile through the tears after reading your story.
    Livestrong, and live long. Purrs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete