Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

A feline-filled summer

"Hello kitty" 
Don't you love looking up and seeing a cat watch you from its' perch. I do!

Well, the busiest time of the year has come to a close for Just Cats Cat-sitting Service. I will have a few homes this week but I am happy for a little break. I will be cat-sitting a few cats most days but will have a little more time for family and friends. It has been a fun and busy summer. I have really enjoyed the cats in my care. Oh sure...I did a lot of this
but you show me a job that doesn't have a few stinky moments.

Here they all are. Try to contain yourself....
Buddy
Dominique
Twinkle
Squirt
Angel

Parry
Henry
Smudge
Ebony
Syd
Mimi
Dexter
Thundercloud
Bali
Lucky
Lola

Rosie
Simba


Puff
Pickles
Bud & Chase
Bagheera
Butch Pussy
Molly
Buddy
Jenny

Willow
Max
Argo, Sammy & Molly
Emmi & Didi
Maggie

Frank

My biggest accomplishment with winning over a heart....Gordon
and with a heavy heart I bid farewell this summer to Guiness and Wilson. 
Guiness
Wilson

They were alike, these two wonderful cats. Both were loving, soft-natured, funny, kind-hearted souls who made me laugh so hard with their silly expressions and funny antics. They were my little welcome mats and accompanied me as I prepared their meals and would melt my heart when I hugged them. How I miss them so much and my heart just broke for their loving owners who, because of illness, had to make the final decision to let them go. I ask myself sometimes "why do we let ourselves fall in love with these little creatures who fill our souls with happiness only to have to someday lose them?" Because that's why we exist..to love and be loved.  They teach us to love. We love them and they return that love ten-fold. These two cats left their people with wonderful memories and a special place reserved for them in their hearts; and in mine. They did their job.
And that's that.

Now do you know why I love this job? It is a privilege to love these cats.

hugs, Deb

14 comments:

  1. How lucky can one gal get !
    Friends with all these beautiful kitties and getting paid to do it too :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful post and record of those who have pooped for you to scoop- Purrs and respectful tipped tails for Guinness and Wilson. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a bunch of beautiful cats...as I looked at their pictures, I felt like I was looking at individuals, not just cats all alike. It is amazing to know them! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the best looking coworkers! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet pictures. You touched my heart with your post.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love your job too! Do you have a favorite? I feel bad for the owners of those last two, one of the hardest things I've ever done was having to "put down" my pets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lucky kitties receiving your kindness and love Deb. When you have a job that takes so much love ~ that has to be the best job of all.

    Enjoy your slow time!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. You take great kitty photos, Deb. The cats obviously respond to you! Thundercloud reminds me of my Naomi.

    And how sad to lose Wilson and Guinness. They look like they were wonderful, loving kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful kitties! Mom wishes she had your job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one lucky lady to be able to care and love all these beautiful creatures. Cats are so loving and have made my life so much better! Thanks Deb for sharing all this with us. Your Blog is one of my favorites! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely ode to the kittys in your kare. Brought yet another tear to my eyes to see Guiness' thoughtful little face.
    Thanks Deb for caring so much about all the wee felines!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I feel week in the knees from all of those amazing, gorgeous kitties! As a previous poster said, they arn't just cats but complete individuals. Beautiful Bagheera! And little Frank looks like he's ready to respond to our comments.
    Both cats needed to be let go? What was wrong? Both of them? How horribly sad. Crushing, just crushing. I am going, now, to hug all of my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love all photos but the Lucky´s photo is so funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is the most impressive list of clients! What gorgeous kitties, I am so sorry for the loss of the last 2 precious dears...that made me quite sad

    ReplyDelete