Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Farewell to Guiness

Is there not a down-side to every job? Mine is losing one of my client's cats to a disease. You met Guiness last year when I posted some fun pictures of him.
Here he is ordering breakfast.
 He was hilarious! He was loving and he was gentle. (oh God, here come the tears) Why does it never get easier? You would think after years of loving and working with cats I could cope with the loss of one but they are all so magnificent and beautiful that it just tears me up inside to see one lose a fight. Guiness peacefully left us today after fighting cancer.

I am so happy I got to know him even though it was a short time.
He's kneading my arm here.

I already know he's in heaven now waiting to be re-united with those who loved him.

Rest in Peace, funny little guy.

Love & Hugs, Deb

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a beautiful boy !
    It just never gets any easier, thirty five years in the veterinary field, and I cried everytime a pet passed.
    Godspeed handsome Guiness, you were loved.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always hard. I get tears in my eyes and I've never even met this sweet guy. I think all our pets are special and my love of cats makes them even more so. Goodbye Guiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry to hear about sweet Guiness. Nope, it is never ever easy, but the love remains in the heart forever. Run free sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about this sweet kitty ~ it's never easy loosing friends!
    Sending you big hugs Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That my dear is what makes you such a terrific pet sitter. You truly love the animals you watch over. I know it's hard, but you brought lots of joy into the kitty's heart by caring for him so well when you cat sat for him. You are an extra special sitter - we are so fortunate to have one just like you. You are very special people. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww,,, that's so Sad :((
    What a Beautiful boy ~
    Soooo very sorry that he went to the Bridge.......

    Safe Journey Guiness ~
    Purrrrz & Purrayerz to light his way ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite boy! He looks like he is about to speak to us in words at any moment.
    Who could look into those eyes and say animals have no soul. He is so precious making happy feet when you're holding him.
    He laid his heavy burden down; his suffering is over.
    You are strong and healthy again, sweet Guiness. Run free, love, run free.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful boy he was! and with a dear personality. Guiness obviously enjoyed a happy life filled with love. As apparent in the picture showing kneading in action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Deb for such a beautiful post. I am so glad he got to touch your heart. He was quite the fella. He was and will always be my "special boy"!

    ReplyDelete