Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

A twinkle & a memory

Just before Easter, I want to pay tribute to my friend. 


Our little grand-daughter, Riley is bursting forward with life. She is 11 months now and is changing everyday. She never stays still and grabs on to anything to help her stay steady and move along.

She loves her Ozzie and he loves her.
She loves his soft warm fur.
..and when she has a treat, so must he.

I had a beautiful morning with her and later, a tinge of sadness.  My friend Christine passed on only months before Riley was born. Riley was to be born on May 9th. When her mother told me this it shocked me. That was Christine's birthday.  I told Christine that the 'baby' (we didn't know if it would be a boy or girl) was due on her birthday and her eyes filled with tears. Oh Lord, that was a hard moment. She smiled and said "that's almost funny, isn't it?" and then we laughed. We laughed a lot throughout our friendship. But Chris knew that she would be gone before Riley arrived.

So Riley made her grand entrance on May 20th; not Chris's birthday but when I look in her eyes I really do see a twinkle that I recognize. Mischievious? ...oh yes!
Now, no intention to end on a sad note.  I am grateful anytime I am reminded of my dear friend, Christine. So, this Easter weekend I think of her. I will always remember the little Easter gifts so carefully chosen for my 3 kids right up 'til  they were grown adults. The beautiful Easter card I would receive with lots of her art work added. The chocolate bunny.  Her big smile.
So here's to her wonderful life and all the sweet memories.  "Cheers"Chris.

hugs, Deb

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking your sweet little Riley can put a twinkle in anyone's eye. The loss of a friend can never be replaced but oh the joy you must have with that wondrous little girl!

    Happy Easter Weekend Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete