Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Cheep"ing Robins & Cheap Cat toy

This morning the robins were out in full force. So nice to see and hear them again.
I met up with the new owner of Pampered Pups Pastries for coffee today. Charlene and I try to get together once in awhile just to go over the progress of the business and chat about other things,  too. Charlene also works part-time at a bridal shop and I wanted to ask her about their collection of Mother of the Groom dresses. We'll be having a wedding in the family June 11th so I am starting to shop now.
Here is another gorgeous building in our town called Sinders Bridal Shop.
This is on one of our main streets called Lake Avenue. It runs along the water.

 Cat-tip-for-the-day=^..^=Cheap Toys



I do NOT spend money on cat toys if I can help it. I always make my own. Here is a  really cheap way to entertain your cat. I found this on a blog recently and thought I would pass it on to you. Take a roller from a roll of toilet paper, newspaper and the cat's favorite treat. Stick the treat in the center of roller (I'd put a few) and close both ends with a bit of crumpled up newspaper. Your cat will bat this around trying to find that tasty treat inside. Make them work for their calories. There are similar toys in your pet stores made from plastic for $15.00 but you can make one for $0.
Tonight I'm making blueberry-banana muffins. Cali will guard one for you.


Hugs, Deb

8 comments:

  1. Okay, so I ADORE that photo of Cali with the cupcake. Wonderful. The cat toy trick is a good one. Thanks! And yes, ROBINS!! Full of so much hope. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to make this toy. When Charlie looks at me like...ok mom just give me the treat, I will say work for it! I'll let you know how that goes.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT is a chunky robin! Love Cali and muffin guarding pic...thanks Cali I would love to have that muffin! GREAT toy idea...Rosie loves all of the items that it is made of so we will try it! Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Deb,
    My mom thanks for the DIY Toy. She will make one for me : )
    I love the last photo. It's so adorable
    Please have a nice day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Deb ,
    you are one kind spirit surrounded with such loveliness ! Thank you for your visit and your support !
    Be happy !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! What a wonderful, easy idea for a cat toy! Off to make one now!
    P.S. A gorgeous kitty and a lovely muffin. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best cat toys don't cost a thing. So many cats I deal with, especially my own, can have such pleasure playing with my everyday items, a ball of foil, old shoestring, pieces of paper (my male cat's favorite), and all kinds of other things. Of course, sometimes they get hold of something I wish they hadn't, but it's my fault for not putting it away. I love my cats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, aren't you a smart cat mom. M said she'll make one of those for me too.

    ReplyDelete