Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

I met a very Cool Cat

Off to Burnstown we went last night for a wonderful dinner and an evening of Valdy. The concert was held in  a small 1880's school-house that is now a concert-room and a cafe called NEAT. The evening could not have been better and Valdy was so great. He sounds as good as he did in the '70's. And he is so gratious and funny.




Valdy grew up in the same city as me, Ottawa, Ontario
 and now lives on Salt Spring Island near Vancouver, BC along with many more talented, musical old hippies. He lived many years in Texas back in the 80's.He was just great! I bought his newest CD and I've been playing it all day.


Hugs, Deb

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time. That last picture is priceless.. Love it.. HUgs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like just a terrific time -- don't you love it? And I love the pic of you outside your old home. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb!
    Thanks for coming over and visiting my blog!
    It is great to meet another Canadian especially from my Ontario!
    I heard Valdy lived on Salt Spring now ...I live in Crofton where you get the ferry to go there.

    I have to say I am a huge cat lover!!! I used to have three and sadly as of Sept. am done to one old guy.
    He is 15yrs old and was a rescue. I used to work at an animal hospital so him and my late himalayan was from there.
    You have a great occupation!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Valdy back in "the old days" - I knew he lived on one of the islands, but wasn't sure which one. They're all beautiful.
    Love your cat pictures. We adore our rescue dog, but I miss having cats.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great time!! Loving the last pic! MOL!

    ReplyDelete