Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A quiet morning....

By this time of the morning, I would be up and baking with the Hobart mixer just a workin' away. But, this morning it is quiet. There are purrs and snoring coming from baskets around the centre room and the sun is streaming across the floor.


I love to start the day slow. Coffee, toast with wild blueberry jam and Canada AM. Ha! you thought I was going to say something like "and a cat on my lap" :)...ya,  that too.

I have cat-sitting to do today so I can't sit around like a cat for too long. Yesterday was my first day that I did not need to bake dog biscuits and I was now a full-fledged cat-sitter. I spent some time with Riley yesterday and snapped a few cuties.
 Here she is smiling at Nan and then 'boom',  she's asleep.


 These two cowboys are always close by and do everything together. They like to watch over Riley.

It will take some time for me to rid myself of the feeling that I have orders to fill and deliveries to do. I don't. I'm done. I'm happy! I just need now to get focused on the things that do need attention and then I will feel more centered. Life is funny like that. There are always going to be changes ahead. Just look outside.


"Come on, Kane. Time to get out there and crunch some leaves."


hugs, Deb

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! I love a quiet morning, too! It sounds like you are adjusting well to being a full-time cat sitter! Your little Miss Riley is such a cutie! Have a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pumpkins and such a cutie that Riley is! It sounds like a very wonderful morning to me..may you have many more of them! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do you like dogs more or cats more? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the quiet of the morning is my favorite time. I always love pictures of Riley!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete