Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall pics & cat-tip for the day=^..^=Calming Music



This is 'Mister's' favorite time of year

Cat-tip for the Day - Calming Music
One study done has shown that cats relax when classical music is playing. Mozart, Beethoven & ocean sounds mixed in can calm your restless kitty. Calm music calms cats while rock music has the exact opposite affect. It can absolutely disturb them.
on a personal note....When I enter a home where the owners are travelling and they have left classical music playing in the home I always find very relaxed and calm cats waiting for me. I
imagine that the fact that the owners love classical music keeps them calm and because cats are very in-tune with our body language they reap the benefits from a calm owner.
The calm music also keeps the cat relaxed and fills the void of silence while it is alone. I suggest you try playing calming music for your cat/cats to see if they agree with this study.

hugs, Deb
(off to pick up keys)

6 comments:

  1. When I leave the radio tuned to CBC Radio 2 and come home to hear opera, I always feel sorry for the cats. LOL. Usually now I leave it tuned to CBC Radio 1, on low. In the summer, with open windows, I don't bother at all because there's enough noise and bird chatter outside. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classical music calms me so I see why it would work with cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of your precious babies...Great cat tip too...Have a great Friday, sweet Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great tip Deb ~ I will have to try that next time I leave my kitty!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that little Russell Stover cat chocolate box!! :-)

    ReplyDelete