Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

How to kill time and have fun doing it.

Duncan Phyfe Dish Cabinet
"Cat-sitting was fun today but, Oh boy, I played with dishes tonight" Guess what my next project is? You guessed it if you thought "she needs to paint the floor". The carpet has been thrown out because I have a new addiction..painting wood floors. My dining-room floor is pine and in good condition.

I know this will change over and over but tonight I was able to find a home for some wayward dishes. I just had to add a photograph and what could be better than one of my friends and I enjoying a dinner out. 


                                           "Deb, hey.......where's a space for me?"

China cabinet's a little more organized now, don'tcha think? I am a little embarrassed at how it looked before. I have been so impressed with many of you bloggers and how organized and efficient you are in your homes. And I LOVE your china cabinets to pieces. I just want to play in them. Blogging can only improve our decorating skills but with me it may take a bit of time....be patient.



Baby was so cute today with her little dance-about when I arrived. The safety of a cat living outside in the country is always a concern because of  wildlife. Baby has 2 large dogs as next-door neighbours and I have been told by her owners that they never see any wildlife because the two dogs are out running loose on their property and it keeps the animals away. That's good.....for Baby.

Cat-tip-for-the-day=^..^=Feeding your cat outside
In the summer months some cats are fed outside. If this is your choice you must remember to keep in mind the heat and the bugs that can affect your cat's food. Soft food attracts flies and bugs within minutes. Dry food sitting in the sun can become toxic and make your cat quite ill. It is best to feed the cat and limit the time in which the food is left out.....perhaps 10 minutes and then remove the food. Water can be left outside at all times and should be. Ice added to the water will keep it cold longer. DO NOT leave food out overnight for your cat even if your cat stays out at night. This will attract wildlife which can danger the life of your cat.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! I love your china cabinet re-do! The white pieces look so pretty together! And is that an unusual elephant pitcher I spy? Cute! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to play in my china cabinet too, please don't tell anyone but I like dusting in there and playing with my stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the China cabinet. You are having so much fun playing with your dishes. I need to redo mine, I'm ready for a change!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cabinet puts mine to shame, must get mum to dust it asap.. Love the oudoor kitty.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't let the dog icon fool you; I have four cats as well! I love your blog... and have given you an award if you would like to accept it, at http://houseofcarnivores.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb...I have missed you...thanks for your visit! :D

    ReplyDelete