Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cat-owners are the coolest people

I am hearing a lot of "I know you love it but can you make a living at this? and "So you are retiring and just doing this on the side?".  I'm going to go on record to say that this type of service is growing and I see it becoming the new 'preferred' option for cat-care while you travel. Think of it.....cat's never have to go in the car. All their loved possessions are there for them 24/7.

 They are not sitting in a cage (mercy!)
and they are waiting at home for you when you return so you don't have to go and pick them up when you are dog-tired.
(off web)
 As a homeowner, you have also had someone coming and going which adds security for your home. This business ROCKS! 


Cat-owners are the coolest people and I should know. I LOVE my clients. Some of my 'families' go back as far as 15 years of me caring for their cats. That creates a very relaxed & trusting relationship. As the cat-sitter, I often hear "make yourself at home" and "have a swim while you're here" or "Turnip can't wait to see you"..  I'm really appreciative of these clients because I feel so comfortable with them. Naturally, it will take some time to create this relaxed relationship with your clients but it does happen and quite quickly. Of course, the cats become very special to me, which goes without saying. I have watched kittens grow into beautiful, captivating cats and I have cried over the loss of many adorable senior cats.  You know the saying, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with" ...for me, that works for cats too. It is a growing business and I wish all cats had this service in their area. Have I got you thinking, yet?


So, this post is dedicated to all my wonderful cat-owners who I have had the privilege of getting to know and to care for their family cat. "Thank you so much for your trust in me and your friendship. These are for you"
"Thank you"

"If you don't like cats, chances are you've never lived with one"



3 comments:

  1. I am so envious of your business ~ how much better does it get then spending your day, doing something you love? Taking care of kitties? Nope, I don't think it could get any better then that. Sometimes people don't realize it's not always about the money. Getting paid for something you love doing is a fringe benefit ~ right?

    You are one very smart business woman Deb ~ good for you! Color me jealous! :)

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a business like yours; I just adore all animals, especially love cats!...My biggest issue is health insurance and so, I am jealous of your situation :)...Have a fun weekend, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, you are pretty savvy, doing what you love. What a great way to live! Smooch a bunch of kitties for me today...

    ReplyDelete