Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Eat Cake!

While the cats did this, I decided to get creative in the kitchen.

Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - Well, I have never tasted anything like this. Luckily for me and my family I stumbled across a blog called Note Songs by Shelia (http://notesongs.blogspot.com) and just had to try a recipe that she had posted for the above dessert. I served it at a family dinner and when company had left I proceeded to finish the cake. I have NEVER done that in my life. It was to die for. Well, I raise an eyebrow to that saying but it was worth another 1 hour walk with my dog the next day. Thanks Shelia for sharing this recipe. It has been added to my 'Favorite Recipes' book.

Homemade Apple Cake

1/2 cup of butter, melted
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
Chopped walnuts

Stir together first 4 ingredients. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in apple slices and 1 cup of walnuts. Spread into greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. Cool. Spread with Cream Cheese Frosting ; sprinke with toasted walnuts. Store in refrigerator. About 12 - 15 servings.
(This dough will look thick like cookie dough)

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
3 Tbs. butter softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat cream cheese and 3 Tbsp. butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1/8 tsp. salt. Beat. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake.

Plan to have to exercise next day. Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, thank you so much for all your lovely comments over at my blog, they're very much appreciated!
    Next, gosh thank you for this great recipe! Then... all your furry ones and kitties are so precious, oh my goodness I just love them!
    I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your evening and a very loving, precious and Happy Easter!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful recipe...I love the photo of your gorgeous kitty, just lovely in the sunbeams...Hope you have a happy Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what a yummy-looking cake! Could you beam some over to me for a taste test? :-D

    Happy Easter weekend to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! We will have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb and thank you for your comment at my blog. If my husband wasn't allergic to them, I'm sure I would have a cat.

    Your apple cake sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete